<h2>Bauxite   AIMR 2013   Australian Mines Atlas</h2><p>Bauxite Hills The Bauxite Hills deposit is located approximately 50 kilometres north of Pisolite Hills and 95 kilometres north of Weipa. In December 2012, Cape Alumina released a prefeasibility study that confirmed the technical and economic feasibility of a mine producing 5 Mtpa of bauxite over 10 years.</p>
Bauxite AIMR 2013 Australian Mines Atlas

Bauxite Hills The Bauxite Hills deposit is located approximately 50 kilometres north of Pisolite Hills and 95 kilometres north of Weipa. In December 2012, Cape Alumina released a prefeasibility study that confirmed the technical and economic feasibility of a mine producing 5 Mtpa of bauxite over 10 years.

<h2>Weipa, QLD   Aussie Towns</h2><p>Bauxite mining town on the west coast of Cape York. Today Weipa is a bauxite mining town. Historically it started life as the traditional home of the Alngith Aboriginal people.</p>
Weipa, QLD Aussie Towns

Bauxite mining town on the west coast of Cape York. Today Weipa is a bauxite mining town. Historically it started life as the traditional home of the Alngith Aboriginal people.

<h2>Mine spotlight Weipa bauxite mine  Mining Sites  Mining </h2><p>Mining activities at Weipa officially began in the late 1950s, following the discovery of the vast bauxite resource by a geologist named Harry Evans in 1955. The town of Weipa was constructed by Rio Tinto Aluminum in the 1960s to house its mining workforce, but today is the regional hub of the Western Cape hosting many businesses and government services.</p>
Mine spotlight Weipa bauxite mine Mining Sites Mining

Mining activities at Weipa officially began in the late 1950s, following the discovery of the vast bauxite resource by a geologist named Harry Evans in 1955. The town of Weipa was constructed by Rio Tinto Aluminum in the 1960s to house its mining workforce, but today is the regional hub of the Western Cape hosting many businesses and government services.

<h2>Mining and Refining  Australia   World Aluminium</h2><p>The nature of bauxite mining means large areas of flat land are exposed, which can be a dust source during windy conditions. Dust is also generated by truck movements and large tailings facilities, some located close to local communities.</p>
Mining and Refining Australia World Aluminium

The nature of bauxite mining means large areas of flat land are exposed, which can be a dust source during windy conditions. Dust is also generated by truck movements and large tailings facilities, some located close to local communities.

<h2>Australian Bauxite  The Australian Aluminium Council</h2><p>There are currently five bauxite mines in Australia providing feedstock for the seven alumina refineries, which in turn supply alumina to the six Australian aluminium smelters and the export market. Australia is the largest producer of bauxite in the world, with 74.9 million tonnes produced in 2011.</p>
Australian Bauxite The Australian Aluminium Council

There are currently five bauxite mines in Australia providing feedstock for the seven alumina refineries, which in turn supply alumina to the six Australian aluminium smelters and the export market. Australia is the largest producer of bauxite in the world, with 74.9 million tonnes produced in 2011.

<h2>Urquhart Bauxite  Metallica Minerals Limited</h2><p>Urquhart Bauxite The Urquhart Bauxite Project (Project) is situated adjacent to the HMS Project and is some 5km southwest of Weipa on Queenslands Cape York Peninsula. Western Cape York is world renowned for its extensive deposits of high quality, export grade pisolitic bauxite.</p>
Urquhart Bauxite Metallica Minerals Limited

Urquhart Bauxite The Urquhart Bauxite Project (Project) is situated adjacent to the HMS Project and is some 5km southwest of Weipa on Queenslands Cape York Peninsula. Western Cape York is world renowned for its extensive deposits of high quality, export grade pisolitic bauxite.

<h2>Bauxite  Geoscience Australia</h2><p>Bauxite Hills (Qld) Cape Alumina Ltd also has mine and port project located on western Cape York at Bauxite Hills, 95 km north of Weipa. In December 2012, the company completed a pre feasibility study that confirmed the technical and economic feasibility of a mine producing 5 Mt per annum of bauxite </p>
Bauxite Geoscience Australia

Bauxite Hills (Qld) Cape Alumina Ltd also has mine and port project located on western Cape York at Bauxite Hills, 95 km north of Weipa. In December 2012, the company completed a pre feasibility study that confirmed the technical and economic feasibility of a mine producing 5 Mt per annum of bauxite

<h2>New species of venomous snake discovered by accident </h2><p>So far, the team has found only six individuals of the new species in the Weipa area, a site with large scale bauxite mining, which could suggest that the burrowing snake might be in trouble.</p>
New species of venomous snake discovered by accident

So far, the team has found only six individuals of the new species in the Weipa area, a site with large scale bauxite mining, which could suggest that the burrowing snake might be in trouble.

<h2>Chapter 29   Bauxite mining operations at Weipa</h2><p>Bauxite mining operations at Weipa, Cape York a case study Chapter 29  1 29 Bauxite mining operations at Weipa, Cape York a case study Veronica Klimenko and Robin Evans, University of Queensland, Sustainable Minerals Institute r.evans@smi.uq.edu.au Bauxite mining at Weipa, Cape York.</p>
Chapter 29 Bauxite mining operations at Weipa

Bauxite mining operations at Weipa, Cape York a case study Chapter 29 1 29 Bauxite mining operations at Weipa, Cape York a case study Veronica Klimenko and Robin Evans, University of Queensland, Sustainable Minerals Institute r.evans@smi.uq.edu.au Bauxite mining at Weipa, Cape York.

<h2>Amrun Bauxite Mine  Steel Detailing Mining  </h2><p>The Amrun greenfields development, 40km south of the Weipa operations, comprises a bauxite mine, plant and port facilities on the Cape York Peninsula. Proposed production is 22.8 million tonnes per annum, replacing output from the depleted East Weipa mine and increasing Cape York bauxite exports by around 10Mtpa.</p>
Amrun Bauxite Mine Steel Detailing Mining

The Amrun greenfields development, 40km south of the Weipa operations, comprises a bauxite mine, plant and port facilities on the Cape York Peninsula. Proposed production is 22.8 million tonnes per annum, replacing output from the depleted East Weipa mine and increasing Cape York bauxite exports by around 10Mtpa.

<h2>Bauxite mining stock photo. Image of industrial, </h2><p>Piles of mining Bauxite in Weipa, Queensland, Australia Bauxite is an aluminium ore and is the main source of aluminium. Big bucket scoop bulldozer mining technology using to move bauxite mine.</p>
Bauxite mining stock photo. Image of industrial,

Piles of mining Bauxite in Weipa, Queensland, Australia Bauxite is an aluminium ore and is the main source of aluminium. Big bucket scoop bulldozer mining technology using to move bauxite mine.

<h2>Metro Mining ships a million tonnes of bauxite to China </h2><p>Metro Mining has shipped one million tonnes (Mt) of bauxite from its Bauxite Hills mine north of Weipa on Western Cape York, five months after launching mining operations.</p>
Metro Mining ships a million tonnes of bauxite to China

Metro Mining has shipped one million tonnes (Mt) of bauxite from its Bauxite Hills mine north of Weipa on Western Cape York, five months after launching mining operations.

<h2>North Queensland Weipa   Australia Guide</h2><p>Weipa is an isolated bauxite mining town on the westy coast of Cape York. Location 838 km north of Cairns. With a population of around 3,500, Weipa is the largest community on Cape York Peninsula.</p>
North Queensland Weipa Australia Guide

Weipa is an isolated bauxite mining town on the westy coast of Cape York. Location 838 km north of Cairns. With a population of around 3,500, Weipa is the largest community on Cape York Peninsula.

<h2>Lateritic Bauxite Deposits  Our Largest Source of </h2><p>Selective mining ensures that only the highest grades are mined. Below the pisolitic bauxite horizon is a nodular ironstone layer. At this level, the bauxite becomes increasingly iron and kaolin rich. Kaolinite, which contains a great deal of silica, is also much lower in aluminium content than bauxite.</p>
Lateritic Bauxite Deposits Our Largest Source of

Selective mining ensures that only the highest grades are mined. Below the pisolitic bauxite horizon is a nodular ironstone layer. At this level, the bauxite becomes increasingly iron and kaolin rich. Kaolinite, which contains a great deal of silica, is also much lower in aluminium content than bauxite.

<h2>Global bauxite production to grow Fitch  MINING</h2><p>Despite this positive outlook for Indias bauxite mining sector, tightening environmental regulations and tribal tensions pose downside risks, by slowing down new projects, the study suggests.</p>
Global bauxite production to grow Fitch MINING

Despite this positive outlook for Indias bauxite mining sector, tightening environmental regulations and tribal tensions pose downside risks, by slowing down new projects, the study suggests.

<h2>Weipa   MiningLink   The largest  most visited mining </h2><p>The Weipa bauxite mine on the Cape York Peninsula in northern Queensland exists under the authorisation of two agreements with the local indigenous community. One is the EBMPA ( Ely Bauxite Mining Project Agreement) and the other the WCCCA (Western Cape Communities Co  existence Agreement).</p>
Weipa MiningLink The largest most visited mining

The Weipa bauxite mine on the Cape York Peninsula in northern Queensland exists under the authorisation of two agreements with the local indigenous community. One is the EBMPA ( Ely Bauxite Mining Project Agreement) and the other the WCCCA (Western Cape Communities Co existence Agreement).

<h2>Amrun Bauxite Project, Cape York   Mining Technology</h2><p>Mining and processing at the Cape York Peninsula bauxite mine The project will involve the development of a shallow open pit using the existing fleet of front end loaders and 180t dump trucks from the East Weipa site.</p>
Amrun Bauxite Project, Cape York Mining Technology

Mining and processing at the Cape York Peninsula bauxite mine The project will involve the development of a shallow open pit using the existing fleet of front end loaders and 180t dump trucks from the East Weipa site.

<h2>Operations   riotinto</h2><p>Weipa town and neighbouring community of Napranum. Our agreements Rio Tinto recognises that mining occurs on Aboriginal land, and three Aboriginal agreements underpin all operations and activitiesthe Western Cape Communities Co existence Agreement, the Ely Bauxite Mining Project Agreement and the Weipa Township Agreement.</p>
Operations riotinto

Weipa town and neighbouring community of Napranum. Our agreements Rio Tinto recognises that mining occurs on Aboriginal land, and three Aboriginal agreements underpin all operations and activitiesthe Western Cape Communities Co existence Agreement, the Ely Bauxite Mining Project Agreement and the Weipa Township Agreement.

<h2>Weipa   Rio Tinto</h2><p>In Weipa, Rio Tinto operates under three Aboriginal agreements the Western Cape Communities Co existence Agreement (WCCCA), the Ely Bauxite Mining Project Agreement (EBMPA) and the Weipa Township Agreement.</p>
Weipa Rio Tinto

In Weipa, Rio Tinto operates under three Aboriginal agreements the Western Cape Communities Co existence Agreement (WCCCA), the Ely Bauxite Mining Project Agreement (EBMPA) and the Weipa Township Agreement.

<h2>Weipa, Queensland   </h2>Population 3,899 (2016 census)
Weipa, Queensland
Population 3,899 (2016 census)
<h2>Major Mines  Projects  Weipa Mine</h2><p>The Weipa operations consist of two continuous mining operations at East Weipa and Andoom, two beneficiation plants, 19 kilometres of railway to transport mined bauxite to the port area, two stockpiles and two ship loaders.</p>
Major Mines Projects Weipa Mine

The Weipa operations consist of two continuous mining operations at East Weipa and Andoom, two beneficiation plants, 19 kilometres of railway to transport mined bauxite to the port area, two stockpiles and two ship loaders.

<h2>Weipa Ely   Mining Atlas</h2><p>Bauxite mining at Weipa is carried out in two locations, Andoom and East Weipa, and two beneficiation facilities that produced 23.7 million tonnes of metal grade bauxite in 2012. There is also 19 kilometres of railway to take the bauxite to the port at Weipa where there exists two </p>
Weipa Ely Mining Atlas

Bauxite mining at Weipa is carried out in two locations, Andoom and East Weipa, and two beneficiation facilities that produced 23.7 million tonnes of metal grade bauxite in 2012. There is also 19 kilometres of railway to take the bauxite to the port at Weipa where there exists two

<h2>Bauxite behemoths the worlds biggest bauxite </h2><p>The top ten bauxite producing countries account for about 95% of the global bauxite output. Mining technology profiles the ten biggest bauxite producers based on the latest production data.  Rio Tinto Alcans Weipa mine in Queensland, and the Gove mine operated by Rio Tintos subsidiary Pacific Aluminium.</p>
Bauxite behemoths the worlds biggest bauxite

The top ten bauxite producing countries account for about 95% of the global bauxite output. Mining technology profiles the ten biggest bauxite producers based on the latest production data. Rio Tinto Alcans Weipa mine in Queensland, and the Gove mine operated by Rio Tintos subsidiary Pacific Aluminium.

<h2>Mining and Refining   bauxite.world aluminium</h2><p>Commercial quantities of bauxite were discovered on Aboriginal lands at Weipa in western Cape York in 1955. Nine years later commercial production began, with 453,365 tonnes of bauxite mined and shipped that year.</p>
Mining and Refining bauxite.world aluminium

Commercial quantities of bauxite were discovered on Aboriginal lands at Weipa in western Cape York in 1955. Nine years later commercial production began, with 453,365 tonnes of bauxite mined and shipped that year.

<h2>Maiden bauxite shipment from Weipa's Hey Point a step </h2><p>Bauxite has been mined at Weipa on western Cape York Peninsula in Queensland since 1963 by Rio Tinto (and formerly Comalco). The mine produces 26 </p>
Maiden bauxite shipment from Weipa's Hey Point a step

Bauxite has been mined at Weipa on western Cape York Peninsula in Queensland since 1963 by Rio Tinto (and formerly Comalco). The mine produces 26

<h2>Chapter 29   Bauxite mining operations at Weipa</h2><p>Operations at Weipa include the mining, crushing and washing of bauxite, and ore handling through port facilities for transport to alumina refineries. Since the first year of commercial</p>
Chapter 29 Bauxite mining operations at Weipa

Operations at Weipa include the mining, crushing and washing of bauxite, and ore handling through port facilities for transport to alumina refineries. Since the first year of commercial

<h2>Metro Mining Limited   Welcome to Metro Mining</h2><p>METRO MINING LIMITED (ASXMMI) Metro Mining Limited is an Australian exploration and mining company based in Brisbane, Queensland. Metros flagship project, the Bauxite Hills Mine, located 95 kilometres north of Weipa is one of the largest independent projects within the internationally acclaimed Weipa Bauxite Region.</p>
Metro Mining Limited Welcome to Metro Mining

METRO MINING LIMITED (ASXMMI) Metro Mining Limited is an Australian exploration and mining company based in Brisbane, Queensland. Metros flagship project, the Bauxite Hills Mine, located 95 kilometres north of Weipa is one of the largest independent projects within the internationally acclaimed Weipa Bauxite Region.

<h2>Weipa North Queensland Australia  Progressive Traveller</h2><p>Weipa is located on the west coast of Cape York Peninsula, about 200 kilometres from the tip of Australia and just less than 200 kilometres from the east coast. It is approximately 804 road kilometres and 580 air kilometres from Cairns. Australia is the worlds number one bauxite mining country.</p>
Weipa North Queensland Australia Progressive Traveller

Weipa is located on the west coast of Cape York Peninsula, about 200 kilometres from the tip of Australia and just less than 200 kilometres from the east coast. It is approximately 804 road kilometres and 580 air kilometres from Cairns. Australia is the worlds number one bauxite mining country.

<h2>Metro Mining Limited   Bauxite Hills Project</h2><p>Metro Minings Bauxite Hills Mine is ~95 kilometres north of Weipa on Western Cape York. The Bauxite Hills Mine positions Metro as one of the largest independent operations within the international renowned Weipa bauxite region on Cape York where the companys total tenement package covers approximately 1,800 square kilometres.</p>
Metro Mining Limited Bauxite Hills Project

Metro Minings Bauxite Hills Mine is ~95 kilometres north of Weipa on Western Cape York. The Bauxite Hills Mine positions Metro as one of the largest independent operations within the international renowned Weipa bauxite region on Cape York where the companys total tenement package covers approximately 1,800 square kilometres.

<h2>Metro bauxite mine to employ 200 in North Queensland </h2><p>Metro Mining is preparing to launch construction of the Bauxite Hills mine near Weipa in North Queensland in July.</p>
Metro bauxite mine to employ 200 in North Queensland

Metro Mining is preparing to launch construction of the Bauxite Hills mine near Weipa in North Queensland in July.

Pre:drum ball mills globalspecNext:mineral ore dressing